Nice job, Gabe!
They learned about circles on this day.Gabe is really getting into this school thing. He brought home two pieces of art already: a carrot, impressively painted almost totally inside the lines, and a picture about circles. I love hearing his take on the day, because the high points always involve what snack he got (today, cheese and crackers and milk), and what he did during morning playtime. The teacher's report was that he was very good. Gabe said he cleaned up the dinosaurs during clean-up time, and that he did what his teachers told him. He did admit that (1) he didn't sing in music class, which I had told him to try to do, (2) he didn't use the restroom when it was his class time to go, which is fine because he has some kind of bionic bladder, and (3) he didn't make the train with the class, which is what I guess they do when they walk out of the room together.
I would love to be a fly on the wall based on some of the things he tells me. For instance, I asked him if he played with any of the kids in his class. He said, "No, we didn't play. We just talked. And I just talked with the teachers too." When I asked him what they talked about, he ended all questioning. And that's all I got out of him, leaving me to wonder what a group of 3-4-year-olds talk about for 30 minutes of playtime. The tension between Russia and Georgia? Speculation on McCain's VP pick? The lack of Tori Spelling on the new 90210 t.v. series? I guess I'll never know...
Stay tuned for stories from the next day of school. I'm also working on posting videos, as Gabe has a HILARIOUS new comedy routine, which I cannot do justice to just by describing it. Let's just say the boy is great with "local" accents...











1 comment:
I must see this new comedy routine whenever Hilary and I come in this weekend. I'm really looking forward to it.
Post a Comment