Monday, August 25, 2008

Six months already!

Betcha can't do that! Isn't this yoga's downward dog?
Gabe invited Audrey onto his blanket/pillow ship.
Having fun on the ship... until Gabe started pushing a pillow onto Audrey...
...and then she was done with her trip to sea! Maybe that was Gabe's plan?!?
New doctor's visit, new set of boo-boos. Luckily, brother's there for comfort.

A very sweet smile
Babies look so cute with smooshed-up faces, don't they?
Somebody call 9-1-1!!


Audrey had her 6-month check-up today, complete with shots. She took the shots like a seasoned patient and barely cried. However, the oral vaccine...not so much. She shook that stuff out like a dog shaking water off its fur. It was all over her hair, and when I picked her up, it was all over my hand and arm. I told the nurse, "I guess I need a paper towel", to which she responded casually, "You should probably get that off, that was a live virus." A live virus! Running down my arms and caked on Audrey's head! EWWWW...I felt like I needed a haz-mat suit and a good hosedown with some industrial disinfectant. Remember that movie, Outbreak? If we wake up bleeding out of our skin, I hope Dustin Hoffman and Rene Russo come to save us. (Actually, we'd be out of luck, as I'm sure they're at the DNC now. HA!)

That aside, the pediatrician was very happy with Audrey's check-up. She is still in the middle percentile for weight, height, and head circumference, but is the most intelligent, beautiful, and personable baby girl the doctor has ever seen (okay, I might have assumed that last part). The doctor did comment on Audrey's freakish strength, without using the word "freakish" of course, when she stood unsupported for a second and also did her almost-sit-up move. Luckily, there won't be any more shots at her next appointment. Yay! The same cannot be said for Gabe, who will have to get some shots in a month or so. I'm dreading that one already.

1 comment:

Ioannes_Ahenobarbus said...

Hahaha...this was a funny post. A live virue, though? That is wild. But it could be worse - there could be zombies.