The Perp
"I wonder if I'll get pureed squash in the slammer?"
She can't even look me in the eyes. She knows what she did.We had a run-in with "the law" tonight (my second this week), and a certain 5-month-old was the cause. Gabe was in the bathtub, and I had to lay Audrey down while I quickly washed his hair so he could get out. I put the phone in front of her because she likes to watch the glowing light on the display. I kept hearing the ringer; I saw that she was chewing on the phone, and in the process, hitting the ringer volume button. No harm in that. We suddenly got a phone call from the city asking if everything was okay. The lady told me that "someone" from this number had just called 911. Hmmm...it wasn't Barry or me, and Gabe was in the tub...sure enough, Audrey had somehow pressed 9-1-1 on the phone. I apologized, and the lady informed me that we wouldn't get in trouble for this. Umm, really? You're not going to throw the book at my 5-month-old? Then, TWO policemen showed up. I told them the story, and they seemed a bit skeptical. I was this close to asking to take their picture with Audrey for this blog, but they seemed like they might be a little humorless about the situation, so I chickened out. However, I took these pictures right after the incident. She is about to be brought downtown for booking, so I wanted to get these last pictures before she becomes a hardened false-911-caller.
By the way, the second incident involved a cop showing up to my place of work, looking to give me a citation for failure to renew my professional license with the city. I know all criminals say this, but it's merely a mix-up related to my maternity leave. Still, two Mahan women in one week? Get Gloria Allred on this!











2 comments:
That is the funniest story I have ever heard! I will look for wanted posters with Audrey on them when we are in town! At least if she were taken in, her "jail house" photo would be adorable!
Corbin cops have very little else to do; taking pictures with adorable children should be part of their PR plan.
Post a Comment