Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Gabe's new 'do

The new haircut - well worth the battle.

For some reason, Gabe decided to crawl down the driveway.
"I have the silliest brother".
In deep thought... ("Should I blow spit bubbles now, or suck on my toes?")

Gabe finally got a much-needed haircut, and it came at a price. I booked our haircuts at 8:30 am. Gabe is normally at least close to getting up then, but of course that morning, he was very sleepy and didn't want to get up. By the time he did get out of bed, it was already 8:30. I was issuing every threat I could think of to get him moving and dressed, but nothing was working. Finally, at 8:45, I had to yank him up (in his weather-inappropriate flannel reindeer pajamas), put his shoes on (tan Crocs, which looked very stylish with the pjs), and wrestle him into his carseat. He was FURIOUS that I was making him go out in his pajamas, and honestly, I wasn't happy about that myself. The whole way there, he kicked the seats, cried, and yes, even bit his carseat straps. Naturally, it had started pouring outside and I had no umbrella in the car. When we got there, I unbuckled Mr. Crocs-and-flannel-pjs and told him to run quickly to the door while I got Audrey's seat out. Gabe instead chose to stand still and scream, "I'm wearing my good jammies and they don't NEED to get wet!!!!" Our stylist, along with everyone else in there, came to the window and watched us. The whole time she was cutting my hair, Gabe stayed in the waiting area and wouldn't talk. Luckily, when it was time for him, he was on his best behavior. His new haircut looks very cute, even though it was a big ordeal.

1 comment:

Ioannes_Ahenobarbus said...

She sure makes the funniest faces whenever Gabe is around.