Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Personality

Since Audrey has now been with us a whole half of a year, we're now getting to see much more of her personality developing. The main words I'd use to describe her at this point are:
(1) Busybody. She is very active, and absolutely loves doing her "Marine" crawl. If you don't know what I mean by that, picture a Marine quickly crawling under barbed wire, then change said Marine into a 15-pound, pink-wearing munchkin, crawling toward a rattle -- that is Audrey.
(2) HAPPY. She loves to be tickled and tossed up - gently, of course - into the air, and she will laugh while doing both, or at least do a lot of happy gurgling. She also thinks her brother is quite funny. In general, she seems to really appreciate humor, although she likes physical/slapstick comedy at the moment, rather than the dry humor her parents favor.
(3) Smarty pants. In my completely unbiased opinion, she seems to be smart; she'll see Daddy dancing around and try to imitate him. She also figures out how to work her musical/light-up toys on her own, which is difficult even for adults. We really have to watch her!
(4) Shy. She has become very shy around most adults, other than Barry and I, but she is also selective with this. Sometimes she'll act scared of someone she sees frequently, but then be friendly to someone she rarely sees. Go figure!
(5) Temper, temper. Now for the bad news: sweet little Audrey is showing the makings of quite a temper. I noticed this while trying to change her diaper. She kept trying to flip over, and as I kept flipping her back to her back, she struggled and her face got red, and finally, she started crying. (Some have told me her Daddy gets this way while golfing, minus the crying. I have no firsthand knowledge, but this comes from a reliable source.) Also, today I was reading to Gabe and I had to hold the book away from her so she wouldn't tear the pages. She did not like this, and she made her feelings known.
(5) Tough. She can hit her head on the floor without batting an eye, and she can withstand the toughest assault from brother without crying. (Meanwhile, poor brother cries at the smallest boo-boo!) I think even Barry would agree that she must get this from her mother.

2 comments:

Ioannes_Ahenobarbus said...

Hopefully she will develop self-regeneration or some other helpful, Heroes-like power, as well as being happy and active. Superbaby!

The Maguet's said...

I am totally laughing right now! Tal doesn't quite get the dry humor yet, either!! The one about Barry dancing around cracked me up- I just couldn't get the image out of my mind. When we move home, he and Matt should go golfing together- I am sure that my hubby has thrown his share of tantrums on the golf course, too!!