Saturday, September 20, 2008

It's 3 a.m., I must be blogging

It's very late, and I'm wide awake for some reason - "some reason" being a little girl who keeps making noise via the baby monitor, which seems so magnified when you're trying to sleep. No good ever comes from posting on the blog while everyone else is asleep (see the very lame Matchbox 20-ish title as "Exhibit A"), but I'll throw caution to the wind and do it anyway.

So I may have mentioned before that Gabe can be a real character at times (and I think those that know him well will concur). He's had a few funny moments lately:

Gabe tonight: "There's something else I need to tell you. I eat chocolate candy bars like Daddy eats chips and Mommy eats chocolate and Sis eats puffs." I think this means he really, really likes chocolate candy bars. I don't know why he's so into "confessing" things lately.

Gabe yesterday, when I asked him if he wanted me to show him how to hold his golf club: "No, thanks, I'm just fine without you."

Also yesterday, we were outside playing and he got hot. He happened to be wearing pants that convert into shorts, so I unzipped the legs for him. I thought this was pretty cool, although I also think using cheesy songs as blog titles is cool, so maybe I'm not the best authority on "cool". Gabe liked this at first but then got upset and said, through tears: "I just want plain pants that be pants and don't do anything."

Gabe's choices for his upcoming birthday dinner: sandwiches, chips, chicken fingers, and fries. For purposes of not confusing our guests, we're limiting the menu to subs and chips, however.

There are more from the past few days that I have since forgotten. Note to self: it would help to keep a little notebook on hand to remember these funny and cute moments, as my recordkeeping skills have an edge over my brain these days.

2 comments:

The Maguet's said...

Gabe is such a little character- you should write a book about the things that he says!! Hilarious- I am so with you, Gabe, I like pants that don't do anything else, either!!

Ioannes_Ahenobarbus said...

I would like pants that do all sorts of neat things...Swiss army pants maybe? Do they make such a thing? They should.