Gabe is happy to be able to hold Audrey again. However, another tumble to the floor and he's again blacklisted.
Audrey is wearing her groovy-looking pants (and coincidentally, sitting in our comfy chair with the 1960s fabric on it!).
Hmmm...wonder if I could crawl through there (she did!).
Gabe thought it would be fun to crawl through and "surprise" Audrey.
Gabe "at work" on the next great American novel. Wonder if Hemingway used highlighters, scissors, flags, pencils, AND pens.
The only way I can get a sincere smile from him for pictures - stick Post-it note flags on his cheeks.
Check out those teeth!
Does this need any comment?
Is it me, or does Audrey look a little surprised/scared that Gabe is letting her play with him and his blocks?
A cute brother-sister picture. Yes, after a few months, Gabe has regained his holding sister privilege. (The title refers to this post, not the kids. Although it could be true for them, too.)
There is no theme to this post, so I guess the theme can just be that there is a bunch of unrelated pictures and stories here. Bear with me!
Gabe is currently at preschool, which he still loves, even though it is a war to get him there. Last night, he started tearing up thinking about school and he told me, "I can't go to school tomorrow. I have too much work to do." If by "work", he meant, play with blocks and watch cartoons, I guess that was true. This morning, he again cried when I dropped him off. This doesn't bother me, because when I pick him up, he always talks about how much fun he had at school. I guess he is definitely not a morning person - maybe sneaking some coffee into his sippy cup would help?
Yesterday, Gabe enjoyed getting to write a book. While Audrey was napping, he got about 10 sheets of paper to design. When he was done, I clipped it all together, and he told me a story to go with the pictures, which I then wrote for him on the pages. To summarize his story: it was about pirates and their adventures, and it made ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE. But it is very cute, and he is so proud of himself!
Audrey is getting really good at this mock crawling thing, and she can go really fast, anywhere she wants. This makes me think that she might not ever crawl with her knees - after all, why mess with a good thing? She loves just being on the floor and crawling around to check things out, so that is good both for her and for us that she can entertain herself for a while. Now, we can finally leave both kids at home while we run out for ice cream. (KIDDING!) She is also sitting up, propped with one of her hands, really well. Every once in a while, she'll tip over, but luckily, she's very tough so far.
This brings me to...the first fight. And by "fight", I mean a totally one-sided deal, with one party being defenseless and caught off-guard and the other getting sent to his room after. Gabe and Audrey were sitting on the floor. Gabe of course had his pirate ship out, and Audrey got a bit too close for his comfort. So, like on the streets, when someone gets in your business, you gotta take them out. Gabe pushed her over, and she hit her head on a toy and cried. I know if she cried, it actually hurt her. Gabe apologized, but Audrey hasn't forgotten...hopefully this won't start a massive retaliation from her gang.











1 comment:
It's okay, now that I am in grad school, I cry everyday I go, too.
Post a Comment