Thursday, January 29, 2009

Did you know...

A bit of a random post here, but I got to thinking about all the fun things I get to learn by spending time with Gabe. There is so much I never knew, such as:

(1) "Sasquatch" is more commonly known as "Eggs watch", or (my favorite) "Sad squash".

(2) I am very good at steering the car. (Unfortunately, Gabe did not tell me this in front of Barry, who seems to think otherwise.)

(3) It is fun to play low notes on the piano...

(4)...but if you do, watch out for Blackbeard the Pirate, who comes out when you play low notes.

(5) When you get too much spit, you gag and then spit up.

(6) It is funny to call people a "coke head". (To clarify, he meant this very innocently and was talking about the DRINK.)

(7) Every meat we have for dinner is steak. Beef is steak, chicken is steak, pork is steak, and fish is steak. Shrimp, however, is not steak.

(8) When you grow up, you can be a pirate, but if you want to have money, you have to be a chef on a pirate ship.

(9) Sometime we need to buy a good compass for our house.

Yes, Gabe has actually told me all of this. We can't wait until Audrey starts to talk.

2 comments:

Ioannes_Ahenobarbus said...

Well, these days (what with the terrible, worldwide, apocalyptic economic crisis and all) one cannot simply be a pirate and expect to earn that much money, at least not after plundering taxes are taken out.

The Maguet's said...

How funny! I am finally feeling up to reading blog posts and forgot how much of a chuckle I get from my daily dose of Gabe. Aren't you glad you are writing this down so you can make embarrassing handouts for all of his girlfriends!! I, too, cannot wait to hear the things that come out of Audrey's mouth!!