Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas Day

I could not pass up the "My Pretty Learning Purse". Audrey likes to slam it against the floor - daintily and as "girl-like" as possible, of course.
Gabe with his Indiana Jones whip. I know...what were we thinking?

Gabe tries on his skeleton costume. He got him a couple of costumes because we learned after Halloween that he absolutely loves to wear costumes around the house.

Audrey checking out the book Gabe got her.

Audrey and Gabe pulling things out of their stockings. Gabe was just as excited to see what Audrey got as he was to see his own things.



I bet you think I was done with Christmas posts, but not yet. We had not one, not two, but three official Christmas celebrations this year (actually five, counting our visits with my sister and her family on the morning of December 26, and with my brother and his wife on December 27). Having spent Christmas Eve with Mahans and Baker, on Christmas Day, we did our "Barry and Sara Mahan family" present-opening and dinner. And Santa stopped by sometime during the night (9:30pm-ish, right after he fed the frogs some raw chicken liver - he deserved EXTRA cookies this year!), so we did stockings that morning also. Later that evening, having decided that I wanted the kitchen to be a mess also, I cooked a big dinner. We were all exhausted!

No comments: