Who says fast food toys can't be educational?
A while back, Gabe got a tiny plastic laptop computer from some kids' meal. It comes with cards that have quiz questions for little kids and when you insert the cards into the "computer", you can see the answers. On Thursday, we were playing with it and I asked Gabe the question, "Which of the following is not a landmark in the U.S.?", and the choices were: A: Statue of Liberty, B: Mt. Rushmore, C: Eiffel Tower, or D: Golden Gate Bridge. He immediately chose the Eiffel Tower answer. I was impressed, and I decided to do my own follow-up question to see how much he knew on the subject. I asked him if he knew where the Eiffel Tower really is, and he responded that it is "at King's Island". (Some may say that Ohio is not really in the U.S., but technically it is.) When I told him that the Eiffel Tower is also in France, he said, "No, Daddy and I saw it at King's Island but I didn't want to go all the way to the top." End of follow-up!!
He did know a lot of the other questions, however, and he even told me that the first president was George Washington and that our president now is George Bush. Showing off his wealth of knowledge, Gabe then told me that Washington is his "favorite president" but, unfortunately for the first president, he "got dead". And that is all anyone needs to know about presidential history, isn't it?
He did know a lot of the other questions, however, and he even told me that the first president was George Washington and that our president now is George Bush. Showing off his wealth of knowledge, Gabe then told me that Washington is his "favorite president" but, unfortunately for the first president, he "got dead". And that is all anyone needs to know about presidential history, isn't it?











1 comment:
A good education can start at any age! Be sure to google the title "Minimus Pupil" and let me know what you think. I'm considering it as a 7th birthday present...
Post a Comment