Saturday, July 19, 2008

It's always mealtime!

Sneaking up on the kids, a captive Audrey and a pacifier-pushing Gabe.
Audrey blinking morse code for "HELP".
Coming to terms with the fact that the "Pusher" is bigger and has better coordination, and that she is confined to her swing.
In charge of her own meal, aka "gag me with a spoon".
A rare occurrence: Gabe posing for the camera.
I notice that Gabe seems to always be eating spaghetti and carrots in these pictures. As Ali and I have discussed, I have fallen captive to the "school lunch" school of thought: pairing an entree-type food with a random healthy side dish, often fruit, that doesn't relate to the entree at all. My favorites are pizza and grapes; spaghetti and carrots; macaroni and cheese and a banana; and hamburger and apple slices. Also, yes, we love spaghetti, but I promise, we just have it once a week.
In the picture above, Audrey is wearing a "vintage" Beale Street bib. Barry and I went to Memphis for a weekend when I was about 4 months pregnant with Gabe and after our first ultrasound showed that we might be having a girl. While there, we bought a pink bib as a souvenir, and obviously when we had Gabe, he did not use it. Now it passes to Audrey!
In the first few pictures, I had left the kitchen for a minute and came back to see Gabe holding Audrey's Soothie in her mouth. I asked him what he was doing and he said he was trying to help because "Sis won't drink her paci".

2 comments:

Lauren said...

i totally have fallen into the same meal train of thought. pizza and corn, chili & carrot sticks, and so on. david will just give the kids a sandwich or a piece of pizza, no sides...and it drives me crazy...you gotta have the random sides, come on.
we don't have much spaghetti at our house anymore because it takes about an hour of cleaning to reveal the real kitchen again after mealtime. i need a hose and drain in the floor of my kitchen.

The Maguet's said...

Your kids are too cute! Kudos to you (and Lauren) for providing your kids with sides! I'm lucky to get one thing on the table for Ava! Does a drink count as a side??