
This photo shows the difficulty of getting 2 kids to look at a camera (smiling is definitly out of the question). Audrey was apparently fascinated by our gray garage shelving, and I guess Gabe was looking for an escape to his right.
As usual, I am a bit behind with my posting. I was just reading this blog on one of the many funny aspects of having kids, that is, being hypocritical (aka, the Momocrit). It talked about how parents do things that they tell their kids not to do, for example, craving doughnuts while trying to encourage kids to avoid sweets. I am guilty of this nearly everyday, and I can personally vouch for the "Distract, Deflect, Devour" method. Gabe is big on getting "treats" and I can still tell him with a straight face that his raisins, apple slices, or wheat crackers are great treats (but not as great as Mommy's peanut butter Hershey's Kisses!!!) And those steamed veggies you have to eat every night? Those are also your "treats", and Mommy and Daddy don't want to take them from you, so we'll suffer through our fried potatoes. It also makes me think about the jarred baby food, especially those gag-inducing combinations - Broccoli and chicken??? Beef and green beans??? While the mere thought of meat and vegetables blended together smoothly and served at room temperature about makes me want to vomit, I did not hesitate to try to give them to Gabe as a baby, and I'm sure Audrey will have her share as well. In defense of Momocrites, however, I will say that I'd rather eat sweets on the sly and at least try to get him to eat healthy things - however it happens. Happy Mother's Day everyone!!! (The link for this blog is: http://www.cookiemag.com/magazine/blogs/crabmommy)











No comments:
Post a Comment