UPDATE: I wanted to add to this post by saying that not only is Gabe a comedian, but he has now revealed himself to be quite a dancer. He is typically shy around crowds and he is very hesitant about dancing, even in our house. However, at a wedding reception on Saturday, Gabe showed off some serious dance skills for about half an hour.
While Gabe was "in the dance zone", I got a couple of questions about where he learned his dance skills - let's just say that probably the last time either Barry or I danced, George Bush Sr. was president, Milli Vanilli was playing, and spandex was being worn. So...my best guess is that that he has acquired a copy of "Footloose" and is studying in his room at night...
During the reception, he pulled off the "running man" and many other nameless moves with a finesse not seen since Fred Astaire. (Assuming, of course, that Fred Astaire did the "running man".) Does anyone remember the lyrics to "Love Shack", specifically the part that says, "bang, bang, bang on the door, baby"? Gabe did a knocking gesture with his hand while that line was playing. I am sure this was a coincidence, but it was still funny. He also threw in some chest-pounding, pointing at us around the table, spinning, squatting down to the floor, and even threw in some jazz hands. No joke. He had us all cracking up. As a funny ending to this story, when we were leaving, Paul told Gabe, "Bye, tiny dancer", to which he replied "I'm not tiny. I'm a big boy." (Guess he's not into Elton John.) I really, really wish I had my video camera on Saturday. I did catch a few moments on my camera phone that I HOPE to be able to upload to the blog.
ORIGINAL POST:
Today Gabe and I had a hilarious conversation about a puppy.
Gabe was telling me about one of his friends at school bringing a new puppy in to show everyone. I asked him what kind of puppy and he said "Half Chihuahua", so of course I said, "and what else?" He thought for a moment and then said, "Half Chihuahua, half puppy." Okay, so that was pretty funny on its own (and so true, as Chihuahuas are indeed not puppies, but instead closer to the alien family).
But then he had to go and add this: "Mom, I was literally scared of the puppy." I really lost it then, and of course Gabe didn't understand why I was laughing. I explained that it is just funny to hear little kids use big, fancy words. Then he dropped the bomb and said...
"It's okay, Mom, I can handle it." As if there was any doubt that using a word like "literally" would shake Gabe's confidence.
HA HA HA!!! We literally enjoy this little guy!!!
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment