Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wednesday, Bloody Wednesday

In this corner, we have Audrey, one-year-old, 20 1/2 lbs, 30" long, reach of about the distance to the bottom kitchen cupboards. In the other corner, we have Sara, 2 nurses, 1 pediatrician, and a very concerned receptionist.

Yes, Audrey had her 1-year checkup today. The good news is, she's totally healthy, good growth, etc. and her temper is as active as ever -- she was swatting away the doctor and giving the nurses her angry scrunched-up face.

The bad news: she had to do another finger prick to check her iron level, hence the name of the post. Yes, tiny blood splatters on her clothes, my clothes, probably the floor of the exam room. Blood was just dripping out of her finger and she kept waving her hand around. Plus, she wouldn't keep the gauze and band-aid on. She was so mad that I only put on the bare minimum of clothes back on her, so when we left, she was wearing no shoes, no jacket, and I realized, her jeans zipper was down. Whoops. As we left the office bloody and disheveled, I figured we definitely looked like we'd been ultimate fighting (without the cauliflower ears, of course). Round one goes to the 1-year-old lightweight wearing the little pink Nikes.

Sorry for the continuing lack of pictures. I have not had much extra time in the evening because I've been doing lots of work on the computer. I really, really will post one or more pictures this weekend - we've had a birthday, an upcoming first birthday party, walking pictures, etc. that we will want to show.

No comments: