Thursday, December 13, 2007
Don't come between a boy and his racecar underwear!
Barry and I have always been happy that we don't have a kid that has major screaming meltdowns in public. He saves those for more private areas such as our home. However, this week, Gabe and I went to Wal-Mart for Christmas cards, and I swung by the baby department to look at little pink clothes (for the new baby, not for Gabe). For some reason, Gabe, who has been very resistant to wearing "big boy underwear" instead of pull-ups, wanted to buy some underwear. I was excited, so we went right to the underwear section. I was showing him the Cars underwear, the construction-themed underwear, the boxer briefs, but for some reason he really wanted racecar underwear - which of course they didn't have. He went ballistic and started yelling "WANT RACECAR UNDERWEAR" over and over. There were several people in the aisle who I'm sure were wondering if perhaps this little guy was a little too picky about his underwear. I tried to ignore him and get out of there but then he bit my hand. Ignore THAT! Then I tried a threat: I told him we were going to the bathroom (and we all know that means a spanking). So when he hears that, he goes into denial and starts yelling "I don't WANT to pee" over and over, the entire way up to the front of the store. I wanted to assure everyone looking at us that I was not forcing, nor have I ever forced, anyone to pee. He cried and yelled all the way out to our car, but as soon as the car started, of course he suddenly became a little angel. I guess Wal-Mart brings out the worst in everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











2 comments:
He is so cute! I am so happy that you are expecting a little girl! I try and stay as far away from walmart as possible! Congrats again! (ps- I didn't know you were bloggers, too!)
What a wonderful family outing Wal-Mart makes.
Post a Comment