Friday, November 30, 2007

Disney World


We went to Disney World a few weeks ago and had a blast. Gabe loved most of the rides, especially the Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Racecars, and the Safari, and any of the live shows featuring fireworks, cars, explosions, fires, or fighting. Oddly enough, he didn't like many of the "kiddie" rides. He would have liked the Magic Kingdom's toddler area, except for all those other pesky toddlers that were hanging around cramping his style. He seemed downright insulted that we took him to the Disney Playhouse Live at MGM. When the energetic emcee of the show told the kids to stand, Gabe sat. When he told them to sit, Gabe stood. I was hoping he wasn't going to ask the kids to breathe. We would have had a problem. About ten minutes in, Gabe stood up and said "done now", as if we could just walk out in the middle. I wanted to explain that this wasn't like the Jerry Springer Show, where offended guests cut the mike and storm out, but I think this analogy would have been lost on him. He had more fun later at the Extreme Stunt Show and the Indiana Jones Show. He also loved meeting all the Disney characters, and in fact, I think Jiminy Cricket was "this close" to calling for security to get this kid away from him. Watch your back, Jiminy - we will return!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Sara-
I am so impressed with your blog. LOVE the slideshow & the music...how did you get music on there? that's my new goal.
Gabe is precious!
Merry Christmas to you all!
Lauren