Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Cheez-It Bandit

We already knew that we had one late-night, Febreze-spraying child, but we didn't know about Audrey...the Cheez-It Bandit.

This morning while I was cooking breakfast, Audrey noticed the pantry door was slightly open (and trust me, she ALWAYS notices opportunities to get into trouble) and went in. Although she's usually not allowed in, for obvious reasons - oats and Cheeriors all over the floor, anyone? - I decided to let her stay in for a moment while I finished our eggs and got my hands washed up. She pulled the door shut behind her, and was in there for a minute with no light on. I thought she'd start crying and yelling for me to get her out, but instead I just heard a loud "MMMMMMM!"

When I opened the door, I saw Audrey sitting on the floor holding an OPENED box of Cheez-it crackers. And her cheeks looked like those of a squirrel holding a bunch of nuts. I pulled her mouth open and saw a whole Cheez-it cracker in there that she was just keeping in her mouth. I guess there was simply no time to take smaller bites or chew.

No comments: