Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Gabe says the darndest things

No pictures at the moment, but I will post latest ultrasound photos soon. Gabe has said some pretty funny things lately that are worth posting. If I did have photos to go with them, they would show either Barry or I rolling our eyes, laughing, and/or pulling out our hair. In Top Ten format:

(11) Gabe had not used the potty in several hours, so I was basically hounding him to make sure he didn't wet his pants. The last time I asked him if he needed to go, he told me he still didn't have to go, and then he added, "We already talked about this."

(10) We were trying to get Gabe settled down for bed, but he kept coming up with reasons for one or the other of us to come back in and talk to him. Barry went back in, and Gabe told him his hands hurt. After Barry rubbed them, they STILL hurt. Barry asked Gabe if he needed to go see a hand specialist, and Gabe said, "No, I need to see a doctor."

(9) Of John and Hilary's wedding, he told them he wanted to walk down the "island" (aisle) and wear a "tushedo" (tuxedo) and carry a pillow with a ring on it and get a truck (his bribe for being ring bearer).

(8) I asked him if he was going to play with baby sister when she gets a little bigger, and he said, "No, she can just play with a rattle."

(7) Tonight, I told him he had been very good today, and he said "You're full of baloney" and then laughed. Kids these days have such smart mouths.

(6) At dinner, he started to spit out a bite of food. I told him to stop, and he spit it out anyway. He then explained, "It's okay, I still swallowed the taste." As long as the taste is swallowed, no one minds seeing chewed up food on the table.
EDITED TO ADD: Tonight, he again pulled the spitting routine. After I told him to quit spitting, he said, "I'm not spitting. My mouth is dripping sweat." If any of you are ever prosecuted for spitting, he can be your defense attorney for a reasonable price.


(5) The other night at Ran and Grammy's house, Ran put the t.v. on this local religious music channel to give everyone a hard time. To be polite, let's just say that the performers are not Grammy-caliber. After listening for a few minutes, Gabe asked if "this commercial is almost over".

(4) Gabe asked Nana for a drink of Coke. I told him that he had to have a bite of his dinner first, and he said, "I'm not talking to you. I'm talking to Nana."

(3) We had been to the flea market and so of course our clothes smelled like smoke all day. That night, when Gabe woke up and asked me to lay in bed with him, he remembered this and asked me, "But first do you have clean clothes on that don't stink?" I'm glad he can now associate his mother with the smell of smoke and dirty clothes.

(2) Gabe became fascinated with a picture of Amy Winehouse that he saw in People magazine. He said, "Amy Winehouse smokes and has tattoos and looks like trash." A Simon Cowell-in-training!

(1) At a store the other day, there was this probably 45-year-old man working by the cash register. He did not look old, but he had gray hair. Gabe started asking loudly and repeatedly if "that old man lives here."

No comments: